Disney Fantasy Maiden Voyage

Disney Fantasy Maiden Voyage
Through the porthole on the Fantasy with the Disney Magic in the background

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Running (to) an election...

Literally - well, not running the election, but I did run TO the election today.

Because today is Election Day 2012 in the good ol' U S of A!!

Yup - rather than take the car, I geared up in my tights, skirt, short sleeve covered by long sleeve covered by jacket, hat, gloves, garmin and ID and ran the mile to my polling place.  Of course, it decided to rain about 2 steps out my front door - and it was only 45oF out to begin with.

I made my opinion known, and then hit the road again to finish my run.  Took a little detour into a neighboring subdivision and then ran home - complete with my "I VOTED!" sticker and voting receipt, all safe in my baggie holding my ID and iPhone.

I'm proud of what I did today.  I educated myself on the candidates.  I voiced my opinion.  I opted for something healthy over something easy (running vs driving)... it was only 3 miles, but then again, it was 3 miles.


When you have the option of taking longer to get somewhere but doing the healthy thing and lacing up those running shoes rather than taking the easy route and hopping into the car - DO IT!!  You'll feel a whole lot better about your day.

It's your decisions that matter.  In your life.  In your community.  In your state.  In your country. 

If you haven't gotten out there and voted yet, please do so, but make sure you are educated on those that are running first and make your choice.  If you don't educate yourself and vote, then you don't get to complain when things don't turn out the way you wanted.

If you haven't gotten out there for your run today - what's your excuse?  I did it - despite cold, rain, work and life.  Just like with voting, if you don't make the decision to get it done, then you can't complain later on...

YOU DECIDE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment