Disney Fantasy Maiden Voyage

Disney Fantasy Maiden Voyage
Through the porthole on the Fantasy with the Disney Magic in the background

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A week (plus some) later...

So it's now been a little over a week since the Rock N Roll St. Louis marathon.  My legs feel great and I've been able to put up some pretty good runs.  Did a 5-mile training run on Saturday at an 8 minute pace and felt great.  On Sunday, I went out for what I thought was going to be just over 2 miles, but decided to go further since it was a gorgeous afternoon.  I was just going to run my sister home, about a mile down the road, turn around and come back, but after the easy run there (around a 10 minute pace) I felt nicely warmed up, so decided to take a running tour of the intermediate subdivision... 6 miles later, I finally ended up back home again with just under an 8:30 average.

I think I'm now fully recovered from my 4:04 & 12-minute PR marathon last Sunday and am ready to focus on my next goal race - the Tulsa Route 66 marathon in just under 3 weeks. 

Tonight, we have group speedwork on tap - but I think I'll just stick to running rather than actually trying to do any actual speed... then again, maybe I'll end up doing 1200m repeats instead.  It's awfully windy out today - should make laps around a 400m track loads of fun.

Tomorrow will be an easy 3 miles and Thursday is BRC's Let Them Eat Cake run, which has 5 on the schedule.

I'll be tackling 12-15 miles this Saturday as just a basic training run.  Sunday, instead of running, I'll be volunteering for a local event - the St. Louis Track Club Half Marathon.  I'll be working the 5k turn-around and mile 12 water stop with the Belleville Running Club.  This year, we've decided to theme the stop.  Considering it's supposed to be pretty chilly, we've opted to warm things up with a Hawaiian theme.  Should be a blast.

Next week will look about the same as this one as far as mid-week runs are concerned.  The following weekend, Hubby and I will be heading to Florida for the runDisney Wine & Dine Half Marathon.  I'll be trying to force myself into a slower than marathon pace run for that - aiming to finish no faster than 1:50.  Since I'm notorious for not being able to pace myself, I'm curious to see how that ends up.

And then it's taper time for Tulsa... I'll be making my 2nd attempt at a sub-4 marathon.  I plan on pacing for a 3:45.  Hopefully this turns out better than St. Louis did.

1 comment:

  1. The St. Louis Track Club Half was one of my favorite halfs! Love a half that runs by my college and in forest park. I wish I was doing it this year to see the Hawaiian theme for your waterstop!

    ReplyDelete