Disney Fantasy Maiden Voyage

Disney Fantasy Maiden Voyage
Through the porthole on the Fantasy with the Disney Magic in the background

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

runDisney 2013 WDW Marathon Weekend Galloway Meet Up - I'M IN!!

So last Friday, runDisney announced the 2013 WDW Marathon Weekend Jeff Galloway Meet Up, which will be taking place at 7am on Friday morning.  I stalked their Twitter feed and the Disney Parks Blog, and got my email off as fast as I could when the announcement was posted, quickly followed by one for my husband (since you can only submit one name per email and email address).  I did the 2012 Princess Half Marathon Galloway Meet Up and had an absolute blast!  I was very disappointed on Friday afternoon when I didn't get one of the coveted acceptance emails for the event.

But this morning I was greeted by a pleasant surprise - an email from runDisney telling me someone backed out of the event and that I had moved up from the wait list to the attendance list!

It looks to be an awesome line-up for the event:
  • Jeff Galloway - runDisney’s official training consultant, and former Olympian, famous for his run:walk:run strategy
  • Joan Benoit Samuelson - Olympic gold medalis
  • Bill Rodgers - New York and Boston Marathon champio
  • Bart Yasso - Runner’s World columnis
  • Dick Beardsley - athlete/television hos
  • Joey Fatone - singer, dancer & actor, now runner (taking on Goofy's Race & A Half Challenge)

Keep an eye on my Twitter feed and the hashtag #WDWMarathonMeetUp on Friday 1/11/2013 for pictures and updates from the event!

(Now, I'm going to sit here with my fingers crossed that a few more people drop out so that my hubby can join me in this event.)

1 comment:

  1. Have fun! I didn't get in, but I had technical difficulties with my iPhone at work! Hope the hubs gets in too!

    ReplyDelete